Cottontail Kids Music Together®
Desert Palm Church (Tempe): Library
Saturday, 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM
09/28/19 - 12/07/19 (10 weeks)
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in kindergarten through second grade (ages 4.5 through 8). Children will integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music & drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
A vital part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practices sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K-2 (ages 4.5 through 8) and include:
- Weekly 45-minute classes
- A new Animal Collection Songbook & CD each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Experience drumming, songs, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids II require a djembe for students to use at home and to bring to class each week.